Where is the student services center (SSC) located?
We are in room 1101 of the College of Business Building. Our phone number is 912-478-0085.
How do I know who my advisor is?
Your advisor is listed in your Wings Account. Check each semester prior to being advised as your assigned advisor may change. View your advisor through Wings by doing the following:
- Log in to MyGeorgiaSouthern, then click “WINGS” in the My Services box.
- Click “Student Records.”
- Click “Registration.”
- Choose term and click “Submit.”
- You should then see the name of your assigned advisor (listed as your “Primary Advisor”).
- Find your advisor’s office room number inside the main lobby area of the College of Business building.
What if I am on probation, academic intervention, or exclusion?
You are encouraged to schedule an appointment to meet personally with one of our advisors to discuss your situation and see what resources are available on campus to help you improve your academic standing.
When should I get advised?
Get advised as early as possible! We send an announcement directly to your campus email address informing you when to schedule an appointment for advisement for the upcoming term. We also post flyers around the building. Typically, advisement begins the second week of classes.
How do I prepare for advisement?
- Check the online Schedule of Classes and prepare a list of classes you’d prefer to take and a list of alternates. If possible, you should have at least one alternate for every preferred class.
- Know which classes you are currently enrolled in and any that you may already be registered for in future terms.
- Be familiar with your program of study. A curriculum sheet for your major is available in the SSC and online.
- Be familiar with your University Catalog. It’s filled with great information.
Last updated: 1/29/2018